Friday 29 July 2011

DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA

"What Bears Noting?" asked Bear.

Well, a guy named Bonehair (or something like that) got his buddies together and ran something through a House, that was designed to upset and frustrate the President, and a whole lot of American people. Mr. Bonehair couldn't even get all his buddies on side with it, but whipped enough to get whatever through. (Not a good situation for him in the long term, though.)

Then the Senator people started looking at what had been dragged through, and in. They thought it was kinda odd, like a

Dead skunk in the middle of the road
Stinkin' to high Heaven.

So they decided to leave Mr. Bonehair's stuff alone, and get on with something called a debt ceiling. (That's when you plaster your worthless stocks and bonds all over the ceiling, I think.)

Now, you would wonder why a Canadian would be worried about the drama, drama, drama in the US Congress.

Well, think about being something the size of a Beaver, that's sleeping beside, say, something the size of an Elephant. Every time the Elephant rolls over, the Beaver gets bounced around. And when the Elephant gets a cold, the Beaver starts sneezing.

Americans are Canada's main trading partners, and vice versa. If the American economy gets unsettled by something some people are doing in the USA, we Beaver-people get upset. When American stock markets get the shivers and shakes, Canadian markets start looking for a warm sweater.

That's why something big in US of America Bears Noting up in Canada.

And, that's the news.

~ 30 ~


12 comments:

  1. I think I'll be quiet on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ® Diva: I've shared my thoughts; others are welcome to do the same. I'd be happy to hear what you're thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What those guys are doing is effecting the entire world but they're too shallow to think of that and too greedy to consider the common person. What havoc a few well off people can wreak in the name of vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ® Linda: You're right, indeed. I'm not entirely sure it is vanity (maybe stupidity?), but vanity is a good word to consider in this case. Thanks, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter wants to move to Canada because she says they never have problems there. She loves politics and wants to vote for Michelle Bachman if she runs. I plan on sending her to Canada before the polls open.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ® Just Two Chicks: Thanks for following along on this blog. I hope there'll be something here for you.
    Sending your girl to Canada. Hmmmm. Under normal circumstances, I'd agree. Right now, we're in a sharp right turn mode, with a guy who is a utter control freak, and drives a lot of us crazy.
    Of course, we could send her back, and let her vote for Sarah Palin. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope they come to some decision soon. It is very worrying that they are putting their political antlers together instead of working together for the good of the country/world. Too many stags in that field, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. Those guys are clueless. Clueless. Clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand ;)) Am rubbish at politics, sorry. Now if you wanted to talk pink flamingos well, I could go on and on and on and on...actually shhh you are the first to know, but I succumbed, and bought a couple. Shall soon be four, six, eight and so on and so on....

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ® Star, Janie, Mary: I think we'll take a cue from you, Mary, and repopulate the U.S. congress with a whole bunch of pink flamingos. Couldn't do any worse that what's going on right now. D'ya think that would work?
    Besides, I'm sure Mary will soon have lots to share with American friends. Would certainly look better, at the very least. More colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "they say" that what got America in trouble were all the people going into debts they couldn't pay.....

    *sliding my eyes toward the powers that be*

    When regular folks get in debt over their heads, they aren't allowed MORE credit to "fix it".

    *pulling my social security closer to my gun*

    And when I heard that social security was a "privilege" I got kinda pissed. It's not a privilege...it's MY money that was taken from me with the promise it would be given back when the time came.

    Sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ® Janie Girl: Which means they have no uses for their clues closets. Sigh.

    ® beau's mom: Talking about them wanting to manage your piggy bank.. . . Their motto: what's yours is mine, and what's mine is my own. Thanks for sharing your thought.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you've dropped by the Bear's den. Please leave a note -- getting notes is such fun, and often informative. I'll get back to you, here or by e-mail, as soon as I can (or, if it's winter, after I wake up). 'Til then, please Bear with me.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE AND MEME-FREE SITE. While I'm honoured to receive awards, I find they take way too much energy in completing. Thanks, but no, thanks.