Sunday 5 April 2015

IN WHICH BEAR RETURNS

Grwlf .

Humph.

Er, ah, . . . scratch, scratch.

Sniff

Shake. 

Oooh. Ahhh. 

Sunlight in my den!

(That's what it feels like when a Bear comes out of hibernation. Just wanted you to understand that important reality.)

Let's have a better look. Stick my snout out the den's door.

Snow is almost gone! 

Lots of sunshine.

Air is cool, but it smells good. 

OK: let's see if there is anything left over from the winter. Even a snack. Perhaps some dry grass or leaves, even (though they don't taste very good). Maybe a dead bird or coyote.





Things look kinda familiar. There's the fountain (too cold for water, yet), but I see some leaves on the ground. There's the place where the birds nested last year.

Sniff! Sniff! Sniff! Sniff! Sniff! 

Smells like there has been a fire here, recently. Must check that more closely.

I also need to get down towards the river, too. Though I doubt there will be any fish, yet.

The start of another year. Seems pretty good, so far. But I'll admit I haven't done much.

Blessings and Bear hugs till next time (and even after that)!



Today's Weather Report
Let's see: -8C overnight, feels like -14. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 3, but it's going to feel like -1. OK, so when you're cool, you're cool. 

Oh? Do I still need to give you temperatures in Fahrenheit? Or have you discovered you've "got an app for that" — as in translating Celsius to Fahrenheit? If not, I can still do the conversions for you. (For example: it will be 18F tonight, going up to 37F tomorrow.) But if you don't ask, you're on your own for this "atmospheric conversion." (Oh, big words bother me!)

24 comments:

  1. You can see dry grass and leaves. We still have pile and piles of snow here and more going to fall tonight and tomorrow. Looks like spring is coming to you faster than it is coming in NS. Lucky you Bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you've still got snow (or had snow when you wrote).

      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Rob-bear!

    Spring has now officially sprung. Maybe you will smile to hear that I do not have an app for C to F conversions...I have a thermometer with both ranges marked. Easy peasy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Aren't you the modern woman with your "bilingual" thermometer! I hope it keeps bringing you good news, in C and/or F.
      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  3. Oh my. Those are c-c-c-old temps. Go back to sleep!

    Hee. Glad you're out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bit of fresh air, Refie. Nothing to worry about.

      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  4. So happy to see you back R-bear! This is a good time to come out of hibernation-wishing you warmer and sunnier weather in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is great to be back, Amanda. I hope your spring is going well, too!
      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  5. Soon, Bear, soon, the earth around you will be green and lovely. It is good to see that you are ready to peek out of your cave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear is up and out, waiting to see what will come next!

      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back, Bear! Still too many big ice banks around here, but your return gives confidence spring may yet come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trut your world is less icy now. Ours has just iced up again. Enough to make a Bear say, "GGGGRRRRRrrr."
      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  7. Hello Bear, welcome to the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to be back, Karen. Hope you have a great year!

      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  8. No, you don't have to convert the numbers to Fahrenheit for me, at least! I'm getting very good at it by now, and yes I have an app for that if I need it. Glad you're back, Bear! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be back, DJan. And it's good to know that you have an app-propriate way o figuring out the temperature. See you anon.

      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  9. Good to see you back out of hibernation, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be back, Big Guy. Hope all the Ukrainian "activity" stays far enough from you.

      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  10. I love knowing you are back .. walking among we humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to be back, Helen. I think. I'm still trying to decide about that.

      Blessing and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  11. Ha! Good morning Bear... Or should I say "Good Spring"? Nice to see your snout again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Susie. Sunny but cold up here. Not quite like Texas.

      Blessings and Bear hugs to all of you!

      Delete
  12. hello bear, welcome back. it's been a turbulent world while you've been hibernating but love still thrives and hope still floats.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Turbulent" times. Did anyone ever tell you that you have an amazing ability for understatement? Well, you have, in this case. I hope life by the sea is good for you!
      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete

So glad you've dropped by the Bear's den. Please leave a note -- getting notes is such fun, and often informative. I'll get back to you, here or by e-mail, as soon as I can (or, if it's winter, after I wake up). 'Til then, please Bear with me.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE AND MEME-FREE SITE. While I'm honoured to receive awards, I find they take way too much energy in completing. Thanks, but no, thanks.