Saturday 23 August 2014

IN WHICH BEAR GETS BUSY

Things have changed here, a bit. My beloved J has been in hospital for major surgery. Now she is recovering at home, and doing quite well, considering. (No, it wasn't anything related to cancer, if you're concerned!)

That has made life busier for your Bear. I've been cooking, waitering, cleaning, washing, and all that stuff. None of this is new; these are things I do much of the time. Except that there is only one of us doing these things now. (Though J sometimes goes down the stairs by herself to cook her breakfast. That's not really advisable under the circumstances; I would hate for her to fall on the stairs.)

So, if you don't see me for a while, you'll know that I've got other things I'm doing. 

One other thing is that I'm leading worship for our congregation tomorrow. That plan was made a long time ago, and the dates of the surgery and service didn't match quite as well as I would have liked. So, tomorrow I'll have our noon meal organized before I head off to church. 

Another thing: it's J's birthday today. She's . . . maturing wonderfully. The whole family will be here for a brief party. After which she will rest. Some more.

Blessings and Bear hugs, friends!


Today's Weather Report
It's partly cloudy, with a temperature of 15°C (or 59F). Today's high will be 17C (63F); tonight's low will be 9C (48F). This has just happened; what a change! I think we might be heading into autumn.


22 comments:

  1. Take care of J!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to J and I hope she recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anyone, human or bear, I'd rather have caring for me! Keep up the wonderful effort and wish dear J a happy birthday from Bend Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My beary best wishes to J and to Bear in his care-giver role.

    Oh, and Happy Birthday to J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you would be a very good caregiver. I have always loved bear hugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I can see you in the caretaker role, though you seem a bit absentminded and would you forget that you've got something on the stove? Other than that, I am sure J receives lots of TLC. And don't forget to take care of yourself too. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me? Absentminded? How did you know?

      Blessings and Bear hugs!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday and a speedy recovery to your dear wife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery and a happy birthday. And bon courage with all that housework!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bear is a wonderful caregiver. Belated Birthday wishes to J and may she be running down the stairs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY J!! And let the healing begin.

    Don't forget to request FRESHLY SQUEEZED orange juice for breakfast, and don't tell Rob it was my idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bear, please do pass along to J my wishes to her for a Happy, if a bit belated, Birthday, and a steady and good recovery from her surgery.

    Bear, my wishes to you are to carry on, carrying on. You and J make a good team.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish your wife a speedy recovery and the best of everything to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stay strong and positive; you're carrying an extra load for a while, and your help is needed more than ever. Hope the recovery is quick and painless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending healing wishes for J's complete and rapid recovery and happy birthday wishes as well - I am sure you are the most loving and caring beargiver - I mean caregiver!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your very kind thoughts. J is doing much better; family was all here for her (very brief) birthday party. I'm keeping reasonably well, so everything seems good.

    Blessings and Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a joy to hear of your love and devotion. J and you are both blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You seem to have your hands full.

    Belated Happy Birthday to J and I hope that she makes a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that J is having a rough go of it. I hope she's well on the mend by now. And that you're getting some time to recharge, as well. Belated Happy Birthday to J. And big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late- but I hope by now she is feeling much better! Happy belated bd to J, too. I hope both of you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday J and speedy recovery. Fair play to you Bear, you're multi-tasking beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all!

    Blessings and Bear huge!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you've dropped by the Bear's den. Please leave a note -- getting notes is such fun, and often informative. I'll get back to you, here or by e-mail, as soon as I can (or, if it's winter, after I wake up). 'Til then, please Bear with me.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE AND MEME-FREE SITE. While I'm honoured to receive awards, I find they take way too much energy in completing. Thanks, but no, thanks.