Sunday 1 November 2009

PITY POOR SASKATOON (3)

On Friday, two days after the civic election, the hopeful developer of the "River Landing" complex (also known on this blog as "Fort Gathercole") reported publicly that he did not have the money and so would not be building. So the "Atch Hole" is going to be a hole for a lot longer.

This came as absolutely NO surprise to any of us who have followed this tragic saga for the last number of years. Indeed, we would have been shocked if he had been able to come up with the money.

The biggest question -- what will City Council do next? Just try to re-jug the proposal, or do some serious re-thinking?

For background information see: River Landing.


5 comments:

  1. Rob-bear, I do drop by not infrequently, but I always have trouble finding a recent post of yours. This seems to be the blog that you are now devoting yourself too, and I miss your comments on the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ® Snowbrush: Actually, my main blog is "Chrome on the Range" (see: http://chrome-on-the-range.blogspot.com/). It's the most "easy-going" blog. Things said in passing. The other two, including this one, when I'm going to post something, take a lot more thought and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rob-Bear I couldn't agree more with you about us and war.

    When will it all end.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ® Renee: the wars will end when we want them to end. The prerequisite to world peace is that we be a peace within ourselves. And it seems we are a long way from that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dear friend. Hope all is well out their in bear country.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete

So glad you've dropped by the Bear's den. Please leave a note -- getting notes is such fun, and often informative. I'll get back to you, here or by e-mail, as soon as I can (or, if it's winter, after I wake up). 'Til then, please Bear with me.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE AND MEME-FREE SITE. While I'm honoured to receive awards, I find they take way too much energy in completing. Thanks, but no, thanks.